Thursday, January 29, 2015

Apparition



When I was back in high school, in 1990, I created a supernatural hero that I called "Apparition". Inspired largely by the still hot "Batman" film, I wanted my OWN dark crime fighter in a cape and came up with (what I THOUGHT was. lol) a super original origin twist. MY hero would become a crime fighter to avenge the death of... HIMSELF! I would later find out that a few characters have already done this, but it did not deter me. I drew 43 issues (badly) of this guy with my friend, Earl Holloway, back in high school.

After my year at the Kubert school, I decided to reboot my high school hero with a slightly revised backstory and more ghostly powers as a series of 6 fanzines I self published between 1994 and 1996.

So now that the Wellkeeper is nearly complete and i'm busy on Hashtag Comics' CARPE NOCTEM as the co-writer and artist, I've decided that I'm not busy enough and will be remastering those 6 issues to re-publish this coming year. I'll fix all the typos and hopefully the horrible scripting I did, but represent this hero of mine to a whole new generation of readers! Hope to see you then!

2 comments:

  1. The food is absolutely amazing. I hope I could taste and cook that in actual, maybe if I have much time since I am so busy working. Anyways, thanks for sharing your article. God Bless and have a good day. Visit my site too.

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Awesome article. Please do more articles like this in the future. Very informational and knowledgeable. I will expect more from you in the future. For now i will just bookmark your page and surely I'm gonna come back later to read more. Thank you to the writer!


    Rica
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete